Since its construction in 1872, 718 Fifth Avenue (now known as the Harry Winston Store) in New York City has undergone five major changes to its structure. Built by Charles Duggin, the New York Times writes “The corner house, at 718 Fifth Avenue, had elements rarely seen on garden-variety brownstones.” Unfortunately like many of these building constructed during this time, the facade has been altered beyond recognition.
Today, nearly 140 years later, the famous jeweler has hired PKSB once again to renovate this building. 718 Fifth is now being clean and restored to its full 1960s glory. To read more about this transformation read the New York Times An Architectural Barometer.