Aspen is gearing up to host Stage 2, the Queen Stage, of the inaugural USA Pro Cycling Challenge on August 24th. Our leg of the race is considered by many to be the most difficult for it consists of two 12,000-foot peaks in just one day.
The race, which begins in Colorado Springs on August 22nd, is a 7-day cycling event which will cover over 600 miles through 11 cities in Colorado. The top professional bicyclists from around the world will be descending on Colorado to try their luck competing on our tough Rocky Mountain terrain.
The USA Pro Cycling Challenge Events in Aspen:
- 11am – 4:30PM Lifestyle Expo in Wagner Park – includes entertainment stage, vendors, beer garden, Kid’s corner and street fair
- 11am – Noon The Aspen Silver Queen Stage Citizen & Kids Criterium*
- 1:05pm – 2:05pm Women’s Pro Cycling Challenge Finish*
- 3-4:30PM USA Pro Cycling Challenge Finish on Main Street
- 4pm – 7pm Official After Party at the Sky Hotel – $10 Cover benefitting AVSC
- 4:30 – 6:30 Block Party on Hopkins between Mill and Monarch Street
For local Aspen information on the race, Patron tickets, transportation, event details and more, go to http://www.aspenupcc.com/.